Monday, March 17, 2008

Cooler in the 70s: The Early 60s

Yep, here's something else that was cooler in the 70s. The Early 60s. George Lucas' American Graffiti started it, and movies like The Wanderers carried the torch. Teens cruised for chicks, listened to hand-picked perfect soundtracks, and slicked their hair into DA's with flick-combs while waiting patiently for the hippies to show up. It really wasn't about being oppressed or treated like objects, or hoping war doesn't kick off in Vietnam like movies of the 80s or 90s would us believe. It really was a time of wonder and innocent groping in the back seat of your dad's 'Vette.

1 comment:

carrotpreacher said...

Hello, great blog, I noticed you had Underworld listed as one of your music favorites which leads me to believe that you like electronica which also leads me to think we have similar musical tastes. If you do, please read my latest post (in fact, read the last few to understand what my blog is about). I'm trying to get this music thing going grassroots style.