Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Total 70s Freak Out

 
Found a wicked site that's been around way longer than this one, but for some reason doesn't appear when I do any searches on Blogger for 70s blogs. It's called plaidstallions.com, and it's taken a love of the 70s into the realm of complete mockery, which means not only is it funny, but extremely cool at the site. I'll let Brian, the site owner, explain it better:
 
"The name "Plaid Stallions" Came about when I was in high school, I have always been crazy about department store catalogs and when a close friend of mine told me his mother had a stash of 70's Eatons ( a now defunct Canadian Department store chain), I grabbed them with both hands!

While we were pouring through them, I ripped out a page of guys in plaid leisure suits (which I believe is the one above) and said "Check out the Plaid Stallions!", I want to add that no one but me found that funny.

For some odd reason, I still found it funny and in April of 2006, I created a daily blog of the same name so I could make stupid jokes about polyester clothing I probably would have worn if I were in my 20's at the time.

Eventually, I liked doing the blog so much that bought the domain name and expanded it into this site."

Check out his 70s Fashion Mockery galleries, TV and Movie Character Mall Appearance gallery, and tons of scans from fashion and toy catalogues from back in the day. This is a treasure trove of nostalgic goodness, veen though much of it was very American, and I have no idea what it is. He has a blog, too, as well as discussion forums which mostly deal with vintage toys, and how to get hold of them, but is a fun read anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ridski, thanks for the comment on Pop&Crisps, I agree it’s amazing any of us have teeth at all. I love these plaid stallions, so cool. Have to go and get me one of those shirts!